be quiet! does a good job providing the connectors and cables. Quad PCI-E connectors should take care of two GPUs and there are dual 4+4 power cables for the motherboard if they are required. There are also eight SATA, four Molex, and a single FDD connector available if needed.
I'm not much of a fan of putting the FDD connector at the end of a long cable as if it is needed, it often creates a bunch of cable clutter in the case. I'd much rather see it as an adapter that plugs into a Molex connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside we find an almost all black build on a rather simplistic PCB. There are four heat sinks present to aid in the passive cooling of the unit.
Inside we find a pair of Teapo caps sitting on the primary side of the unit. If we look at the back of the box, the last text item on the right half states that there are 105C capacitors inside for longer PSU life and maximum performance. Apparently only some of them are 105C caps as these are clearly rated for 85C.
The secondary side is littered with more Teapo caps. Just as I suspected above, these are the only ones rate for 105C.
be quiet! uses their own Silent Wings 135mm fan. This one is the SW3-13525-HHF-29 and is rated for 2900RPM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD now has over 100 FreeSync monitors in its arsenal
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller