Last month we took a look at a few new offerings from be quiet!. Up until then we had only taken a look at their higher-end offerings and we were always very pleased with what we had reviewed. We thought that we better take a look at what else they had to offer so we asked for one of their Pure Power L8 units. It turned out to be a great unit, so we thought we'd look at more of their low-end units.
be quiet! also gave us a chance to look at their modular cables which aren't even available in the USA yet. These proved to be good cables, but our review also pointed out a few quality control issues. be quiet! was very displeased that they let a product of subpar quality slip through the cracks and have assured us that they have not only found the issue causing it, but also corrected it.
Moving forward to today, we have their Power Zone 850W power supply on the test bench. It is another one of their lower-end power supplies. Unlike the Pure Power L8, the Power Zone series features a fully modular design. On top of this, the Power Zone also utilizes a single 12V rail for simplicity and offers the ability to connect your fans directly to the power supply so they can continue to run after turning your system off for a period of time.
It is quite a step up from the Pure Power L8 and fits in very nicely between that and the Dark Power Pro units for enthusiasts. Let's dig into it and find out more about it.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
be quiet! gives the Power Zone 850W unit a single 12V rail. This rail is rated for 70A or 840W. The 5V and 3.3V rails are rated for 25A each with a combined maximum output of 160W. This is much higher than most units that we've looked at including the Dark Power Pro 1200W unit, which is their flagship power supply. While I don't have any tests that would be able to confirm this, I strongly believe that overclockers are going to like this unit for the stronger minor rails. Finally, we have the 5VSB rail that is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the Power Zone 850W is 850W.
be quiet! never skimps on the features of a unit and this one is no exception. The full set of protections are present with the Power Zone 850W including SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP and OTP. The power supply features fully modular cables, all of which are fully sleeved. The Power Zone 850W also carries an 80 PLUS Bronze efficiency rating and is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C by be quiet!.
The Power Zone 850W has an MSRP of $159.90. This is a huge step up from the Pure Power L8. NCIX has a price of $159.99 on the unit and is the only place we can find it for sale in the USA. At the time of writing this review, they also have it on sale for $99.99, which is an amazing price. be quiet! backs the Power Zone 850W with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Take a walk with 'Billy Lynn' and win a 3D Blu-ray on us
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity