Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $219.99 at the time of writing, the MSI R9 270 2GB Gaming OC carries with it a slight premium over the base $199.99 price that we see a couple of models hit at. However, we're always happy to pay a slight premium for an MSI product. From a performance side of things, you can see that the overclock helps bring us a couple of extra FPS across the board.
We don't see anything really game changing, because it's only a couple of FPS here and there. Though, with the reference clocked card sneaking just into the 60 FPS range at times, the extra FPS here and there, does indeed come in handy. A couple of extra FPS really helps give us a little bit more breathing room, which is something we always love to see.
I think what really separates the MSI offering is the cooler. The Twin Frozr series coolers have always been fantastic, and the latest IV version is no different than anything else that we have seen. We get some fantastic cooling numbers at a fantastic noise level. For us, this is what you're paying that slight extra for, when compared to cards that offer cheaper coolers.
When it comes to the bundle side of things, it falls in line with most cards these days. That of course means there's not a whole lot to see. Video cards have really come down in price over the years, and we'd rather see a smaller bundle than the inclusion of games we're not really interested in. Saying that though, NVIDA and AMD themselves are doing a fantastic job with game bundles, which means it's something that the manufacturers don't need to worry about so much anymore.
While you're paying slightly above that $199 price tag, if you're looking for a video card in the $200 range, AMD has done a fantastic job with the R9 270 2GB. If you're looking for something that looks great, while also offering fantastic cooling numbers in both the noise and temperature departments: the Twin Frozr IV cooled Gaming OC offering from MSI is a fantastic option. There's also the option to fire up MSI Afterburner to get even better performance out of it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni