Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $219.99 at the time of writing, the MSI R9 270 2GB Gaming OC carries with it a slight premium over the base $199.99 price that we see a couple of models hit at. However, we're always happy to pay a slight premium for an MSI product. From a performance side of things, you can see that the overclock helps bring us a couple of extra FPS across the board.
We don't see anything really game changing, because it's only a couple of FPS here and there. Though, with the reference clocked card sneaking just into the 60 FPS range at times, the extra FPS here and there, does indeed come in handy. A couple of extra FPS really helps give us a little bit more breathing room, which is something we always love to see.
I think what really separates the MSI offering is the cooler. The Twin Frozr series coolers have always been fantastic, and the latest IV version is no different than anything else that we have seen. We get some fantastic cooling numbers at a fantastic noise level. For us, this is what you're paying that slight extra for, when compared to cards that offer cheaper coolers.
When it comes to the bundle side of things, it falls in line with most cards these days. That of course means there's not a whole lot to see. Video cards have really come down in price over the years, and we'd rather see a smaller bundle than the inclusion of games we're not really interested in. Saying that though, NVIDA and AMD themselves are doing a fantastic job with game bundles, which means it's something that the manufacturers don't need to worry about so much anymore.
While you're paying slightly above that $199 price tag, if you're looking for a video card in the $200 range, AMD has done a fantastic job with the R9 270 2GB. If you're looking for something that looks great, while also offering fantastic cooling numbers in both the noise and temperature departments: the Twin Frozr IV cooled Gaming OC offering from MSI is a fantastic option. There's also the option to fire up MSI Afterburner to get even better performance out of it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club