Installing the foam blocks is a very straightforward process.
Although we placed the materials in logical and safe locations, I remain with unconditional beliefs that the temperatures of the motherboard, chassis and processor have risen. To monitor thermal activity, we installed Asus' PC-Probe utility and watched carefully as we browsed the Net and played a handful of CPU-intensive games. Subsequently, the temperatures inside my PC rose simultaneously. Noting these temperatures and then placing them in comparison to those prior to the installation of the AcoustiPak foam, I was greatly content.
The testbench machine's motherboard showed a mean increase of roughly 1.5°C, while the CPU showed absolutely no influence of temperature at all. The only area I noticed a true increase in thermal activity was generally in the chassis itself. Temperatures rose above normal (roughly 8%, with a partially coated case) when under the stress of games and SiSoft Sandra's burn-in, although no drops in game play frame rates were noted.
Regarding the most important factor of this installation, noise, I was generally very impressed. Nearly all vibration from my DVD-RW and CD-RW drives was eliminated due to AcoustiPak's foam blocks. The improvement did not stop there however. While running the computer through various tests I noted the vibration on the upper part of the chassis prior to, and after, installation. Vibration on the top of the chassis (primarily the power supply unit) was completely cut off, consequently dampening the rattling of various components inside the PC (chiefly loose bits).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni