And on I went about measuring (twice!) and cutting (once!) the appropriate amount of AcoustiPak material:
After cutting out the correct proportions, I continued to firmly place the material in the desired locations. Some areas of suggestion are across from the CPU, parallel to hard drives and fans, and on the sides and roof of your PC's case.
Finally, I carefully inserted the foam blocks into their appropriate slots: two underneath the DVD-RW drive and one above the 3.5" cathode switchboard. The foam blocks are already cut into their correct sizes and are by far the easiest part of the installation.
With the accompaniment of three foam blocks and an entire sheet of AcoustiPak Deluxe inside your PC, you're unfortunately only half way there. On this specific test-bench machine (sporting a Lian-Li PC-75B case), one side panel is taken up by a Plexiglas window; thus making it illogical to place the AcoustiPak material over it from the inside. Left was a past heavily vibrating PC only partially covered with sound-dampening material but supposedly virtually completely 'proofed' from inner vibration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards