And on I went about measuring (twice!) and cutting (once!) the appropriate amount of AcoustiPak material:
After cutting out the correct proportions, I continued to firmly place the material in the desired locations. Some areas of suggestion are across from the CPU, parallel to hard drives and fans, and on the sides and roof of your PC's case.
Finally, I carefully inserted the foam blocks into their appropriate slots: two underneath the DVD-RW drive and one above the 3.5" cathode switchboard. The foam blocks are already cut into their correct sizes and are by far the easiest part of the installation.
With the accompaniment of three foam blocks and an entire sheet of AcoustiPak Deluxe inside your PC, you're unfortunately only half way there. On this specific test-bench machine (sporting a Lian-Li PC-75B case), one side panel is taken up by a Plexiglas window; thus making it illogical to place the AcoustiPak material over it from the inside. Left was a past heavily vibrating PC only partially covered with sound-dampening material but supposedly virtually completely 'proofed' from inner vibration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015