And on I went about measuring (twice!) and cutting (once!) the appropriate amount of AcoustiPak material:
After cutting out the correct proportions, I continued to firmly place the material in the desired locations. Some areas of suggestion are across from the CPU, parallel to hard drives and fans, and on the sides and roof of your PC's case.
Finally, I carefully inserted the foam blocks into their appropriate slots: two underneath the DVD-RW drive and one above the 3.5" cathode switchboard. The foam blocks are already cut into their correct sizes and are by far the easiest part of the installation.
With the accompaniment of three foam blocks and an entire sheet of AcoustiPak Deluxe inside your PC, you're unfortunately only half way there. On this specific test-bench machine (sporting a Lian-Li PC-75B case), one side panel is taken up by a Plexiglas window; thus making it illogical to place the AcoustiPak material over it from the inside. Left was a past heavily vibrating PC only partially covered with sound-dampening material but supposedly virtually completely 'proofed' from inner vibration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- Creationists upset over Google 'Who is Lucy' Doodle
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November update downloads
- Sony's PlayStation 4 dominates sales charts with 30.2 million sales
- I am the new guy
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS
- Cherry Announces MW 2310, MW 2110, and MC 2000 Mice
- Phanteks Announces Power Splitter with Patented Isolated Dual System Technology