And on I went about measuring (twice!) and cutting (once!) the appropriate amount of AcoustiPak material:
After cutting out the correct proportions, I continued to firmly place the material in the desired locations. Some areas of suggestion are across from the CPU, parallel to hard drives and fans, and on the sides and roof of your PC's case.
Finally, I carefully inserted the foam blocks into their appropriate slots: two underneath the DVD-RW drive and one above the 3.5" cathode switchboard. The foam blocks are already cut into their correct sizes and are by far the easiest part of the installation.
With the accompaniment of three foam blocks and an entire sheet of AcoustiPak Deluxe inside your PC, you're unfortunately only half way there. On this specific test-bench machine (sporting a Lian-Li PC-75B case), one side panel is taken up by a Plexiglas window; thus making it illogical to place the AcoustiPak material over it from the inside. Left was a past heavily vibrating PC only partially covered with sound-dampening material but supposedly virtually completely 'proofed' from inner vibration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card