I loathe the sound of loud PC's. My desktop PC is located in the same room I sleep in, and it usually remains turned on at night. During my short spells of beauty sleep, I'm very sensitive to noises: Rattling hard drivers, vibrating cases and shrieking fans definitely do not help my cause. Fortunately for myself and many other irritated PC users, there are companies around dedicating their entire stock of products to the infuriating PC noise factor- meet QuietPC.
With us today is Acousti Products' AcoustiPak Deluxe, kindly sampled from QuietPC. AcoustiPak and AcoustiPak Deluxe are noise reducing composite sheets for general use inside a computer. These self-adhesive foam sheets are designed to dampen sound and vibration by minimizing sound wave reflections within an enclosure. In addition to these sheets, three foam blocks can be found included in the AcoustiPak Deluxe kit.
As other similar products on the market, you are required to manually cut slabs out of the AcoustiPak sheets to fit various locations in your PC. It is personally recommended that you stay clear from adhering these materials directly beside your PSU or directly in front of any fan ducts as these materials are known for increasing the temperatures inside your PC. And, if applied incorrectly, they can significantly block airflow within your case.
Fortunately, there are no immediate dangers resulting from the proper installation of these products. Today, we shall install these sound-proofing materials inside one of the Canadian TweakTown Labs test-bench machines, and monitor temperatures and noise reduction carefully to give you the most effective results possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines