I loathe the sound of loud PC's. My desktop PC is located in the same room I sleep in, and it usually remains turned on at night. During my short spells of beauty sleep, I'm very sensitive to noises: Rattling hard drivers, vibrating cases and shrieking fans definitely do not help my cause. Fortunately for myself and many other irritated PC users, there are companies around dedicating their entire stock of products to the infuriating PC noise factor- meet QuietPC.
With us today is Acousti Products' AcoustiPak Deluxe, kindly sampled from QuietPC. AcoustiPak and AcoustiPak Deluxe are noise reducing composite sheets for general use inside a computer. These self-adhesive foam sheets are designed to dampen sound and vibration by minimizing sound wave reflections within an enclosure. In addition to these sheets, three foam blocks can be found included in the AcoustiPak Deluxe kit.
As other similar products on the market, you are required to manually cut slabs out of the AcoustiPak sheets to fit various locations in your PC. It is personally recommended that you stay clear from adhering these materials directly beside your PSU or directly in front of any fan ducts as these materials are known for increasing the temperatures inside your PC. And, if applied incorrectly, they can significantly block airflow within your case.
Fortunately, there are no immediate dangers resulting from the proper installation of these products. Today, we shall install these sound-proofing materials inside one of the Canadian TweakTown Labs test-bench machines, and monitor temperatures and noise reduction carefully to give you the most effective results possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- Fly the Small But Mighty SKEYE Pico Drone
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio