I loathe the sound of loud PC's. My desktop PC is located in the same room I sleep in, and it usually remains turned on at night. During my short spells of beauty sleep, I'm very sensitive to noises: Rattling hard drivers, vibrating cases and shrieking fans definitely do not help my cause. Fortunately for myself and many other irritated PC users, there are companies around dedicating their entire stock of products to the infuriating PC noise factor- meet QuietPC.
With us today is Acousti Products' AcoustiPak Deluxe, kindly sampled from QuietPC. AcoustiPak and AcoustiPak Deluxe are noise reducing composite sheets for general use inside a computer. These self-adhesive foam sheets are designed to dampen sound and vibration by minimizing sound wave reflections within an enclosure. In addition to these sheets, three foam blocks can be found included in the AcoustiPak Deluxe kit.
As other similar products on the market, you are required to manually cut slabs out of the AcoustiPak sheets to fit various locations in your PC. It is personally recommended that you stay clear from adhering these materials directly beside your PSU or directly in front of any fan ducts as these materials are known for increasing the temperatures inside your PC. And, if applied incorrectly, they can significantly block airflow within your case.
Fortunately, there are no immediate dangers resulting from the proper installation of these products. Today, we shall install these sound-proofing materials inside one of the Canadian TweakTown Labs test-bench machines, and monitor temperatures and noise reduction carefully to give you the most effective results possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' trailer actually looks kinda fun
- Sony developing smart contact lenses with life recording
- Hitman patch lets DirectX 12 users play again
- Apple Music rumored to receive interface overhaul this summer
- Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC might have underwater exploration
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience