I loathe the sound of loud PC's. My desktop PC is located in the same room I sleep in, and it usually remains turned on at night. During my short spells of beauty sleep, I'm very sensitive to noises: Rattling hard drivers, vibrating cases and shrieking fans definitely do not help my cause. Fortunately for myself and many other irritated PC users, there are companies around dedicating their entire stock of products to the infuriating PC noise factor- meet QuietPC.
With us today is Acousti Products' AcoustiPak Deluxe, kindly sampled from QuietPC. AcoustiPak and AcoustiPak Deluxe are noise reducing composite sheets for general use inside a computer. These self-adhesive foam sheets are designed to dampen sound and vibration by minimizing sound wave reflections within an enclosure. In addition to these sheets, three foam blocks can be found included in the AcoustiPak Deluxe kit.
As other similar products on the market, you are required to manually cut slabs out of the AcoustiPak sheets to fit various locations in your PC. It is personally recommended that you stay clear from adhering these materials directly beside your PSU or directly in front of any fan ducts as these materials are known for increasing the temperatures inside your PC. And, if applied incorrectly, they can significantly block airflow within your case.
Fortunately, there are no immediate dangers resulting from the proper installation of these products. Today, we shall install these sound-proofing materials inside one of the Canadian TweakTown Labs test-bench machines, and monitor temperatures and noise reduction carefully to give you the most effective results possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethsoft teases Fallout 4 DLC and huge Survivor Mode changes
- Qualcomm aims to make smartwatches much better with new chip
- Microsoft to reveal new Windows 10 and Xbox One plans this month
- Rainbow Six Siege update 2.1 now on PC, adds custom dedicated servers
- Only digital pre-orders unlock access to the Hitman beta
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance