USB-powered goodness - Having a 1920x1080-pixel, 15.6-inch monitor that is powered purely through a single, small USB cable is just amazing. Even the most addicted tech junkie, like myself, has to be impressed with that.
Portability - It's thin! So thin! It's also really light, too. This makes it perfect for toting it around in your bag with your notebook/Ultrabook/MBA without an issue. The ASUS MB168B+ has become my new best travel buddy.
Did I mention portability? - Yeah, it's light, and thin.
DisplayLink's incredible technology - DisplayLink, you impressed me months ago, and you impressed me now with your technology inside of ASUS' new MB168B+ display!
Ease of use - All you have to do is plug it in, and let it do its thing. The monitor will auto detect, and download the required DisplayLink driver from the Internet, install it, and voila - you have a USB-powered monitor on your desk.
Response Time - The ASUS MB168B+ isn't going to replace your gaming monitor, as it does have its fair share of input lag. This is expected, but as a desktop monitor - it's absolutely perfect.
USB connector - ASUS needs to fix up the connection on the side of the MB168B+, I found it too loose, with a gentle brush against it, disconnecting the cable and losing signal to the screen.
Having a 1920x1080 portable USB-powered display is something I didn't think I would be using, but I am. It is incredibly freeing to have that much more desktop real estate, especially when travelling. Who wants to have the trouble of hooking up a hotel TV through HDMI (if they even have HDMI) to their PC?
Why would you do this, when every notebook or portable PC on the market has USB ports? And many of them at that.
It's incredibly thin, so it's really portable, which is great. The finish that ASUS has put to the MB168B+ is nothing short of beautiful. ASUS definitely earns its "Inspiring Innovation. Persistent Perfection" that it has on the front of the box, and most of its products now.
If you're after a portable USB-powered monitor, the ASUS should be the only one on your list right now, especially at its great $219 price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Box Contents & A Look Around the MB168B+]
- Page 2 [General Use & Life with a Portable Monitor]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017