Intel's NUC has become my new everyday machine, it's as simple as that *mic drop*. But seriously, it has. The Core i5 processor, with 16GB of RAM, an mSATA SSD and a plethora of connectivity options, you can't go past the new NUC.
If you took away a few things, the picture gets worse - if Intel didn't provide GbE, and only Wi-Fi, like it did with the older NUC units - that would be a game changing decision. Two USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports would've been an argument, too, which is something I thought Intel would do - but, they didn't - and we have four USB 3.0 ports.
I can really see the Intel NUC in this form, and going into the future, being used in the enterprise sector, and offices. It is the perfect size, and it could really shake things up if it were bought in bulk by a government, or education department to roll out into schools.
All we need now is external graphics to catch on, and we could be onto a true desktop killer, or replacement, depending on the way you want to look at it.
I'm in love with the NUC, it has transformed how I do look at the desktop. If you're looking for a new, small, lower power consuming and affordable desktop machine, you should definitely take a look at the NUC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [General Use, Connectivity and Performance]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines