If you are in the market to expand your storage capabilities, whether it be via your NAS (like myself), or your PC, the Teratrend TS431U may be the solution to fit your needs.
While the unit is meant to be racked next to servers and workstations, it does offer a second option with the included rubber feet. The build quality of the unit was rather superb, with both the aluminum front panel, and steel frame construction. The finishing touches, like the built-in drive activity LEDs that are blue when idle, and turn purple when the drives are working, are also excellent.
Performance of the unit was quite good; our sample was able to touch 250 MB/s read and write in RAID 0. Latency results were equally as impressive, especially with sequential workloads where we started under 1ms, and peaked near 18ms at QD32.
Pricing of the Teratrend RS431U, at the time of writing, sits at $368.99, and comes with a one-year warranty from Teratrend.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact