Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U
The Teratrend RS431U was delivered to us in a brown cardboard box, which is used for both RS431 models.
Included with the RS431U, we found USB 3.0 and eSATA cables, keys for locking the door, feet (just in case you don't want to rackmount the unit), and all hardware necessary for rackmounting.
Looking over the enclosure, we found the front of the unit was manufactured from black anodized aluminum; the remaining shell is made from steel. In the center of the door, an Allen key locking mechanism keeps the drives safe.
When opening the front drive door, we see each bay has its own LED setup for activity. To the left, we have both the reset, and power buttons. Additionally, each drive tray has a lever mounted above it, for easy removal of the drives.
The back of the unit houses the power receptacle, three fans, eSATA and USB 3.0 ports, and RAID switches.
Internally, the RS431U houses its power supply, with the logic board on the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017