Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U
The Teratrend RS431U was delivered to us in a brown cardboard box, which is used for both RS431 models.
Included with the RS431U, we found USB 3.0 and eSATA cables, keys for locking the door, feet (just in case you don't want to rackmount the unit), and all hardware necessary for rackmounting.
Looking over the enclosure, we found the front of the unit was manufactured from black anodized aluminum; the remaining shell is made from steel. In the center of the door, an Allen key locking mechanism keeps the drives safe.
When opening the front drive door, we see each bay has its own LED setup for activity. To the left, we have both the reset, and power buttons. Additionally, each drive tray has a lever mounted above it, for easy removal of the drives.
The back of the unit houses the power receptacle, three fans, eSATA and USB 3.0 ports, and RAID switches.
Internally, the RS431U houses its power supply, with the logic board on the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Gear VR is used by over 1 million users per month
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Samsung's Q2 2016 profits are the largest in over two years
- New details emerge on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, new Gear VR headset
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio