Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U
The Teratrend RS431U was delivered to us in a brown cardboard box, which is used for both RS431 models.
Included with the RS431U, we found USB 3.0 and eSATA cables, keys for locking the door, feet (just in case you don't want to rackmount the unit), and all hardware necessary for rackmounting.
Looking over the enclosure, we found the front of the unit was manufactured from black anodized aluminum; the remaining shell is made from steel. In the center of the door, an Allen key locking mechanism keeps the drives safe.
When opening the front drive door, we see each bay has its own LED setup for activity. To the left, we have both the reset, and power buttons. Additionally, each drive tray has a lever mounted above it, for easy removal of the drives.
The back of the unit houses the power receptacle, three fans, eSATA and USB 3.0 ports, and RAID switches.
Internally, the RS431U houses its power supply, with the logic board on the right.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- Xbox boss says Nintendo has 'bold vision' with Switch
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system