For many of us, storage needs expand at a rapid pace. Such was the case for myself when I had the chance to upgrade my personal NAS appliance from a two bay unit, to a larger, more powerful, four bay appliance. Though, after migrating all of my data, I quickly realized I was running out of storage, and would need to look for a solution. Being that I was using a QNAP appliance, I looked over the expanders directly available from the manufacturer, and soon realized they were out of my budget.
That is when I remembered some of the products I have seen previously from Teratrend; so I decided to go have a look at the possible options they might provide. Lo and behold, they manufacture just what I needed, a rackmount four bay enclosure: the RS431U. The RS431U features four tray-less drive bays.
Each drive bay has its own activity indicator LEDs, in addition to RAID 0,1,3,5, and 10 supports, and combine mode. Data connectivity is managed via the rear mounted USB 3.0 or eSATA ports, which should give plenty of throughput for daily activities.
The Teratrend RS431U carries a street price of $368.99, with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Teratrend RS431U]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood