Inside the Type Heaven
Getting the top frame off the keyboard is not that tough at all, but once it was removed, the inside of the keyboard is build just like a mechanical would be. They use a thick steel plate to secure all of the switches and remove flex from the keyboard, offering a much more solid feel than a typical rubber dome based offering.
After disconnecting the USB cable from the guts of the Type Heaven, while most companies offer pegs to support the PCB and the steel plate, Topre uses a system of varying height support bars that run from left to right, solidifying the design even more.
The back of the PCB has the company name and model of the keyboard painted on the PCB, but notice there are no solder points like in a normal mechanical. This is due to the capacitance switches used, much like a normal rubber dome board, but on a level of quality like I have never seen.
To make it all work, Topre takes silver screws to mount the PCB to the Steel plate to make those one rigid component. To solidify what is usually a sloppy fit between the domes and the copper pads, it's taken care of with the black screws as they mount sections of keys to the PCB to make it all one solid part.
Assuming we had found the controller, we found that there is a sticker applied to the chip at some point of its making or installation. At this point the ZA01 02 doesn't inform us of much.
Under the sticker we see an F and China, with the number reference of M890F337. While there is very little direct information, we can tell this is the MCU that will allow the keyboard to function as well as being what sends that signal along to the PC.
Then, when we were all finished inside and had the Type Heaven all buttoned back up, we went ahead and plugged it in. Of course there are no fancy LEDs to see, or the hassle of finding and installing drivers. The only change at this point from when we took it out of the box is that with the locks set on, there are now three green LEDs at the top by the golden Type Heaven naming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Paperwork]
- Page 4 [Topre Type Heaven 104-Key Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus