Type Heaven Continued
Looking at the left side of the Type Heaven it is easy to see the two defined sections. The top is thick and hangs over the lower section a bit, but makes it easy to handle and move around. As this thick edge nears the back, it just rolls over the edge and falls away.
With the feet extended it does raise the back of the keyboard another half of an inch and raises the angle at which you use the keys. Along the back there is a line separating the halves of the frame, but it is just an expanse of curved plastic with no extra hub, or even the wire sticking out.
As I took this image of the right side of the Topre Type Heaven, I noticed the caps are on two different angles. The bottom two rows lay toward the back, while the rows above are a bit flatter; this takes ergonomics in design to a level I do not recall seeing in other offerings.
Flipping the keyboard onto its caps, the bottom is also different than most others. At the back there is a raised rail with bumps to support that edge, while at the front, two small rubber feet grab onto the desk. It has flip-out feet, and the cable comes out near the middle above the product sticker, but is not designed to go out the back.
With the plastic feet extended, just like the bump on the rail to its left, there is nothing applied to add ensured grip to the back of the Type Heaven. While we did not find it to move much, it would move in extended use, and adding some form of grip here would eliminate that all together.
As for the cable, you have two options. Run it out the right side of the keyboard, or the left as we have done, keep in mind this is flipped, so makes sure when placing the cable into the groove and past the tabs on the edge, that you have it going the correct way, as it is tough to get the cable in, and just as tough to get it out, leaving it very secured once ran through here.
This cable is 1.8 meters in total length as per the specifications, but that is not entirely true. With the sample we were sent, the cable is 1.8 meters from the edge of the keyboard to the connection. This means that you aren't taking up valuable length to route the cable on the back.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Paperwork]
- Page 4 [Topre Type Heaven 104-Key Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Join the 'Suicide Squad' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Netflix will double original show content in 2017
- Nashville moves to dismiss Comcast anti-Fiber lawsuit
- Amazon Go: Grocery shopping with no cash, no lines
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand