NAS products are equal parts hardware performance, and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
The Netgear setup utility (or RAIDar) allows quick setup of the NAS.
The landing page for the Netgear Web UI walks you through the initial setup.
Once setup is complete, we find ourselves at the landing page of the GUI. From here, with a quick glance, we can see the RAID status, and check for firmware updates.
To setup our first array, we entered the volume management tab. Here, we select the drive we want to use from the image of the NAS in the center. Then, moving to the right, we can select X-RAID, or New Volume.
By moving to the performance tab, we can view the temperatures and fan speeds of the internal hardware.
Within the setting menu, we have the option of enabling, or disabling, services. Additionally, we can set backup operations, and power timers.
By moving to the accounts tab at the top, we can setup users, and groups, for access to the NAS.
The networking tab allows you to setup the dual NICs to your liking.
The apps tab allows you to install some of the many feature applications on the unit.
Setting up your own personal cloud is rather easy with the integrated wizards.
The ReadyNAS allows for use with DropBox. You can also backup your NAS to a secure vault.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- Pokemon GO in-game Halloween event set for Oct 26 to Nov
- AMD confirms high-end Zen CPU launch for early 2017
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards