NAS products are equal parts hardware performance, and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
The Netgear setup utility (or RAIDar) allows quick setup of the NAS.
The landing page for the Netgear Web UI walks you through the initial setup.
Once setup is complete, we find ourselves at the landing page of the GUI. From here, with a quick glance, we can see the RAID status, and check for firmware updates.
To setup our first array, we entered the volume management tab. Here, we select the drive we want to use from the image of the NAS in the center. Then, moving to the right, we can select X-RAID, or New Volume.
By moving to the performance tab, we can view the temperatures and fan speeds of the internal hardware.
Within the setting menu, we have the option of enabling, or disabling, services. Additionally, we can set backup operations, and power timers.
By moving to the accounts tab at the top, we can setup users, and groups, for access to the NAS.
The networking tab allows you to setup the dual NICs to your liking.
The apps tab allows you to install some of the many feature applications on the unit.
Setting up your own personal cloud is rather easy with the integrated wizards.
The ReadyNAS allows for use with DropBox. You can also backup your NAS to a secure vault.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- ASUS starts teasing the ROG MATRIX video cards are on their way
- Skylake-powered Retina MacBook models are on their way
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20