NAS products are equal parts hardware performance, and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
The Netgear setup utility (or RAIDar) allows quick setup of the NAS.
The landing page for the Netgear Web UI walks you through the initial setup.
Once setup is complete, we find ourselves at the landing page of the GUI. From here, with a quick glance, we can see the RAID status, and check for firmware updates.
To setup our first array, we entered the volume management tab. Here, we select the drive we want to use from the image of the NAS in the center. Then, moving to the right, we can select X-RAID, or New Volume.
By moving to the performance tab, we can view the temperatures and fan speeds of the internal hardware.
Within the setting menu, we have the option of enabling, or disabling, services. Additionally, we can set backup operations, and power timers.
By moving to the accounts tab at the top, we can setup users, and groups, for access to the NAS.
The networking tab allows you to setup the dual NICs to your liking.
The apps tab allows you to install some of the many feature applications on the unit.
Setting up your own personal cloud is rather easy with the integrated wizards.
The ReadyNAS allows for use with DropBox. You can also backup your NAS to a secure vault.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset