CINEBENCH is a real-world cross-platform test suite that evaluates your computer's performance capabilities. The test scenario uses all of your system's processing power to render a photorealistic 3D scene. This scene makes use of various algorithms to stress all available processor cores. You can also run it with a single-core mode to give a single-core rating.
We found very close results, but with a slightly better score for the i7-4771.
Again, we found very close results, but with a slightly better score for the i7-4771.
wPrime is a leading multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors that tests your processor performance. This is a great test to use to rate the system speed, and also works as a stress test to see how well the system cooling is performing.
This is a very good test, and you can see that these CPU's perform very well.
POV-Ray (Persistence of Vision Ray-Tracer) creates three-dimensional, photorealistic images using a rendering technique called ray tracing. Ray tracing is not a fast process by any means, but it produces very high quality images with realistic reflections, shading, perspective, and other effects.
This is a very good test to stress CPU threads. It is also good for checking memory stability and overclocks, to see if the system is stable. The latest 3.6 version is a free download, and has the benchmark utility that we have run for these tests. Results show the average PPS (Pixels Per Second) taken by the rendering.
There is only a very slight difference in results that show for the POV-Ray test results; there are almost no differences in CPU's.
X264 HD Benchmark measures how fast your computer can encode a 1080p video clip, into a high quality X264 video file. This benchmark uses multi-core, multi-threaded systems very efficiently, and is a good memory stability test.
Results in this test are the average of each pass being performed four times.
Again, we see just a slight difference in results between the two CPU's.
A good benchmark to run to compare CPU's is Fritz Chess.
As far as pure crunching power goes, these two CPU's fall right in line with each other, and again, show no real difference.
Geekbench 3 is a processor benchmark that uses single and multi-core performance, to simulate real-world scenarios.
Geekbench 3 allows us to run this bench, and then compare it to how similar systems perform. After looking at some of these results, we found that this system performs at just under what some of the more expensive systems are able to perform at.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Total System Power Use]
- Page 10 [NAS Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives