PCMARK 8 is the latest version in the series of PC benchmarking tools by Futuremark. It is fully compatible with Windows 8, and can be run under Windows 7.
Just like in the previous tests that we did with these two CPU's, we found the results to be very close to those tests. You can see in the PCMark 8 tests, both the i7 4771, and E3-1285v3, are very close in performance, with the i7 4771 getting slightly better results. These two CPU's are very close in specifications, with only 100MHz difference in stock and turbo speeds.
Sandra 2013 SP6 is the latest version in the series of PC benchmarking tools by SiSoftware. Sandra 2013 SP6 tests the performance of your PC by running a whole series of tests including CPU, Memory, Storage, and Graphics benchmarks, to come up with a final number as a rating of the systems performance.
Again, we see only a slight difference between the two CPU's. As usual, running these tests multiple times will net slightly different scores, so these CPU's are about equal in this test.
PassMark Performance Test runs 32 different tests including CPU, 2D & 3D graphics, disk, and memory tests, to come up with an overall system ranking that allows you to determine how fast your computer is in comparison with other systems.
Here, we see only a slight difference between these two CPU's, which is something that will be common in the rest of the tests that follow.
DPC Latency Checker analyzes the computer system's ability to handle real-time data streams. It is useful in finding the causes of interruptions in real-time audio and video streams (otherwise known as dropouts).
Note: DPC Latency Checker does not show the correct results in Windows 8 or Server 2012 systems, because of how the implementations of kernel timers function in these operating systems. We ran each test for five minutes, and recorded the max latency over this period. Results from 0-1000 are good, while results higher than 1000 show that the system might have a problem.
Even though there is a little less than a 100 point difference here for DPS results, this is very close, and well under the 1000 millisecond threshold.
We did find that we had slightly better DPC results on this motherboard over some of the others we tested using the Intel 4771 CPU. They are nothing to write home about though.
The SPECwpc V1.0 workstation benchmark provides over 30 different workloads divided into application categories, and generates a score for each one.
This is a new test that we will be using on all platforms from now on. We ran the X10SLV as a light duty workstation, so it can be compared other motherboards. Not all of the tests are able to run on the X10SLV, because it only has an integrated graphics chip.
This platform actually holds up pretty well as a media workstation. The system handles media type jobs pretty well considering it is only using integrated graphics; as a home based system, it does a good job.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Total System Power Use]
- Page 10 [NAS Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse