Accessories and Documentation
The provided USB to Micro-USB cable is strictly to charge the FREE from any USB port. This is just a rubberized cable with a SteelSeries logo on the USB connection, and it is three foot five inches long.
Also as part of the kit there is this grey nylon carrying bag for the FREE. The outside is silky smooth and has the SteelSeries name and logo painted in black on one side. Once unzipped, the inside of the bag can be seen and there is a mesh liner that is a second layer to protect the FREE from scratches and light scrapes.
Just to put the bag and the FREE into perspective, the bag is slightly larger than the controller, making it easy to get in and out of the bag.
The last bits of the kit are the quick start guide, the SteelSeries sticker, and a card explaining the reasoning behind this design and the freedom it offers its users, every way, everywhere, on everything.
To get started, there is more story of why this was a good decision when purchasing the FREE. It then advises that the FREE be plugged in for two hours to charge before anything else. It also describes the controllers LED notifications.
The sticker on the back of the FREE alluded to this, game mode, or arcade mode. The controller ships in-game mode which works with Mac, Windows, and Droid, but if the controller is off, and you press both the A and B buttons together, you can swap over to arcade mode to use the FREE with iPhone, iPad, and iTouch devices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries FREE Mobile Wireless Controller]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications