Overclocking of the KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum
Soyo uses the Award Bios version 6.0 with a Soyo Combo feature menu where all your settings for overclocking are found. Here you can set your system performance optimisations, FSB, AGP/PCI ratio, DRAM ratio, CPU/DRAM/AGP voltages as well as your Serial ATA functions and various other onboard features.
First off we will look at your system performance settings. You have three options of Normal, Fast or Turbo.
Next you have your CPU Frequency mode. Here you have the pre-determined speeds as well as a manual setting. When set to Manual you can adjust the FSB in 1MHz increments up to a maximum of 300MHz.
Next we have your CPU to PCI divider ratio. One disadvantage of the VIA chipset is the inability to lock the PCI/AGP divider ratios. However you can set your divider to either /3, /4 or /5 depending on your CPU FSB speed. A system clock shows you what your new PCI frequency will be before restarting the PC.
Now we have your DRAM clock settings. Here you can select either 200/266/333/400Mhz or allow the system to use the SPD of your memory to determine the speed of the RAM.
CPU core voltages are very flexible with settings from 1.475v up to 1.85v in 0.025v increments; this is the maximum safe level for AMD CPU's these days. DDR voltage are selectable from 2.5v up to 2.8v in 0.1v increments, this is average settings for an overclockers motherboard these days. AGP voltage settings are adjustable from 1.5v up to 1.8v in 0.1v increments.
Using our unlocked AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton CPU we managed a FSB of 256MHz, however, pushing above 258MHz the system's PCI bus became unstable. In all we were reasonably pleased with the overclocking options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soyo KT600 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 3 [Features]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002 Pro]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Soyo KT600 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel will be pushing eDRAM into its Iris and Iris Pro graphics
- Intel calls their new Skylake CPUs their 'best CPU ever'
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20