As the second part to the combo, we were also sent this BPU-230. Along with the image of the device off to the right, at the bottom, it tells us that this is a hot-swap drive enclosure, designed for compact and embedded storage applications.
Spinning the packaging around, we find that this BPU-230 is 146mm wide, 202mm deep, and stands 86mm tall. We can also see that this device is designed for SATA drives.
Inside of the packaging, the BPU-230 is surrounded in high density foam. Along with the bays comes paperwork, screws to mount drives in one bag, screws to mount this into a chassis in another bag, and three SATA cables with clips on the connections.
The front of it is made of solid bits of black plastic, like the thin left side, and the right side with the reset and individual drive power buttons. In the middle, there are three trays with tinted plastic covers. To the left are the buttons to open each tray. There are also locks offered for each tray.
After checking with the NAS guys (even though I don't have the foggiest idea of what the jumpers and switches are for), I was told this is typical of what NAS bays like this offer. In the middle of the back of this bay, there is an 80mm fan to keep the drive inside of it cool.
The right side is where the connections are made for the BPU-230. Two bays have SATA power next to the SATA connections, while the third offers only the transfer cable pot. You will also need to add two Molex connectors at the top to gain full functionality of this device.
I do not suggest the removal of the back plane, but this was the only way to get a clear look at it. Things seem pretty straight forward here, with the controller IC at the top, and switches and LED power leads running from the right side of the PCB.
This is just one last shot of the BPU-230 before we load it up with drives, and attempt to add this into the S-35 for our final build.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20