Specifications, Availability and Pricing
For starters, this chart is close to what we had been given by iStarUSA. It combines the features of both components we were given. The all steel S-35 is left natural on the inside, while the exterior is painted black. In addition, there is a thick, aluminum face plate that is bolted onto the chassis. The front of the S-35 offers three 5.25" bays with metal covers. It will also allow for any of iStarUSA's three bay storage drive systems, and there are quite a few to choose from. This chassis also comes with a 1U Flex PSU, delivering 200W of power. The chassis will only house a Mini-ITX motherboard, offers one expansion slot, and offers a place for an optional 120mm fan to draw air out of the chassis through the back.
The other component, the BPU-230, is a three bay, hot-swappable, drive enclosure. As I said before, I am not a NAS expert, but this does feature some handy options. There are locks on the front for each of the bays so they are not accidentally ejected. There are also power buttons for each bay, to allow you to switch drives on and off in a JBOD setup, but it also allows users to check functionality with a large green or orange indicator light. The three bays will allow for both 3.5" and 2.5" drives, as we would expect, and comes with everything you need to get things mounted, connected, and underway.
From what I can find searching around, there is very little information off site about the S-35 as a standalone purchase, but I have seen references to a $99.99 sales price. However, there are no links to confirm actual location or price. What I can easily find are many variations of the S-35 with bay devices already installed, but none of them seem to be the exact model we are testing.
But, as I said before, that specs chart shows many of the configurations, and the various models that iStarUSA is offering. For one similar to what we are about to see, I am able to get actual pricing that ranges from near $110 to $120. For what we were given to review today, on paper, this combo from iStarUSA seems like a pretty good deal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Arrests conducted in Britain over malware-assisting website
- Multiple University staff injure themselves due to texting and walking
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED