Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Powered by a 600MHz processor, the XS712T is the first 10GBase-T Smart Switch designed for SMB use. Advanced L2+ features give network administrators features not available on unmanaged products. Depending on need, the XS712T works well as core switch for SMB networks or as an aggregation switch in the middle of a medium sized network.
Going into the review, I found the XS712T with more features than I initially assumed. Netgear optimized the new ProSAFE family of products for converged networks where voice, data, and video flow over the same network. Auto VoIP prioritization eases office configuration and takes the complexity out of building a converged office. The L2+ rating means this switch pulls a handful of Layer 3 features.
As mentioned in the introduction, we managed to find the ProSAFE XS712T for $1661.99 at Newegg. This is less than the MSRP and much less than any competitor's 10GbE 12-port solution. If you are looking for the absolute best price, Amazon has the switch for as low as $1507.50 at the time of writing.
Netgear covers the unit with a lifetime warranty as long as you are the original purchaser and purchased the switch from an authorized dealer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Netgear ProSAFE XS712T]
- Page 5 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - IXIA IxChariot Throughput]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - IXIA IxChariot Response Time]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- across 1950
- claire Miner definitely a upper college student athlete at eastern si
- In that same review
- quite possibly humans perhaps get telltale signs that appear enormous
- Bates were found to be through my thoughts for a long time
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines