Inside the Reaper Continued
To give the Clutch button operational function, another white HC switch has been added to the lower PCB just behind the Omron switch. These HC switches offer an audible click, medium actuation pressure, and are a good secondary choice to add to this design.
Just behind the scroll wheel is the Avago ADNS9800 laser sensor. We already know these can offer up to 8200 DPI, but the Reaper offers a slider control for this in the software that goes from 200 to 8200 DPI and allows for 100 DPI adjustments in between.
Since the PCB at the bottom is so short, this leaves plenty of room for them to add a couple of 20 gram metal weights. This is not an adjustable system since there is no real access to them and they are screwed in from the inside.
The last bit to cover of the internal components is the matching Omron switch placed under the right click button, again offering five million clicks.
Once back together, the Reaper is powered up and the illumination begins. While there aren't any other color options, the white headlights do give off a pleasing glow when the room is dimly lit.
The lighting is seen all the time; even with a hand on top, there is still just a bit of it to the left of the palm. This is bright, and with four LEDS backing it, it is a very even brightness along the entire insert unlike many others we have seen.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio