Inside the Reaper Continued
To give the Clutch button operational function, another white HC switch has been added to the lower PCB just behind the Omron switch. These HC switches offer an audible click, medium actuation pressure, and are a good secondary choice to add to this design.
Just behind the scroll wheel is the Avago ADNS9800 laser sensor. We already know these can offer up to 8200 DPI, but the Reaper offers a slider control for this in the software that goes from 200 to 8200 DPI and allows for 100 DPI adjustments in between.
Since the PCB at the bottom is so short, this leaves plenty of room for them to add a couple of 20 gram metal weights. This is not an adjustable system since there is no real access to them and they are screwed in from the inside.
The last bit to cover of the internal components is the matching Omron switch placed under the right click button, again offering five million clicks.
Once back together, the Reaper is powered up and the illumination begins. While there aren't any other color options, the white headlights do give off a pleasing glow when the room is dimly lit.
The lighting is seen all the time; even with a hand on top, there is still just a bit of it to the left of the palm. This is bright, and with four LEDS backing it, it is a very even brightness along the entire insert unlike many others we have seen.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- New Fallout 4 1.3 update improves draw distance on PS4, Xbox One
- Surprise! Final Fantasy IX available on iOS and Android right now
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance