BitFenix Colossus Mini-ITX Chassis
The front of the Colossus Mini-ITX is almost entirely black as the center pint of the bezel is extended to give the front almost the same shape as the white bar of plastic that will soon be illuminated after the build. Just above the light bar is the BitFenix logo as the only branding on the chassis.
The section above the light bar opens to the left to expose the vented inner door panel that allows air in through the top of the door to flow in through the vents into the main body of the chassis. On the face there is a single, mesh, 5.25" bay cover and a large mesh cover for the intake fan.
The top of the chassis has a removable mesh insert that allows access to mounting 120mm fans or a radiator into the top of the chassis. This cover also has a lock at the back end to slide-lock the panel back into the roof.
The top of the chassis angles higher at the front, to give it an aggressive stance, while the SofTouch coating is not an exact match to the paint on the panels. I am however more interested in the continuation of the light bar through this panel too.
On the side of the front bezel, just below the light bar as it wraps to the side of the case, there is a small lighting button. This is where you can change colors or set the chassis into a breathing mode where the illumination will pulse on and off.
Around the back, the top starts with the 120 or 140mm exhaust fan options. The rear I/O is laid on its side next to a pair of expansion slots, and the PSU installs at the bottom. They do also offer a plate to make mounting the PSU a little easier as well as adding a way to extend it for longer PSUs.
The right side then offers the front I/O panel high on the left side of the panel. The same treatment is given to this side as far as the design and shape of the light bar as it also extends back from the front bezel.
Getting much closer to the I/O panel, we can see it offers a pair of USB 3.0 ports, HD Audio jacks flanked to the left with the HDD activity and power LEDs, and the bottom offers a small reset button just above the larger round power button.
Under the chassis we find four large round feet with rubber pads that give the Colossus sure footing. There is a dust filter under the power supply, and you can also make out screws that are holding in the bottom of the HDD rack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER