In The Box
When I first received the unit for testing, I was a bit apprehensive given the appearance of the box (the packaging photo on the previous page), but I was happy to see some foresight in their packaging scheme. Inside that outer box is a form fitted foam insert that gently protects everything within.
And within are two basic items: the external unit that we'll look at shortly and a largish box containing everything pictured above. This includes absolutely everything you will need to get things installed to your choice of an Intel rig, an Athlon XP system or even the new Athlon 64 rigs. Here is a closer look at the contents of the component box:
When I said it contained everything necessary, I meant it. We see all the tubing necessary for hooking the unit up to your processor, the processor waterblock, the mounting hardware, an instruction manual, a smidgen of thermal paste, and even a small bottle of antifreeze to make your water more receptive to heat dissipation. Also included is a carrying harness for transporting your external unit to a local LAN event.
Here is a quick peek at the harness installed onto the external unit. Since there are cutoff valves at both the external unit and the case entry point, it is a simple matter to turn them off and then rig up this device to transport your cooling solution. While it does make an extra component to carry with you, it is a simple matter and doesn't really show itself as being too much a pain.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017