Taking our first look at the card, you can see there's not too much to see thanks to the large dual fan cooler covering most of it. You can see behind the two fans we've got a big heat sink that covers almost the entire card and you can see we've got a couple of copper heat pipes coming out the top of the card.
Something else that also catches our eye though, is the black PCB. Of course it's only aesthetics, but we always love when companies opt for a black PCB on components.
Taking a quick look around the card, you can see we've got the standard 6-Pin PCIe power connector sitting at the back of the card. Moving across to the top of the card and closer to the front, you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector in the event you want to run two cards together for added performance.
Looking at the I/O side of things, you can see the typical setup which includes two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single HDMI and DisplayPort to round things out. You can also see we've got a bit of a vent that helps some of the hot air escape out the back of the case and keep the card cool.
The VisionTek R7 270X 2GB we're looking at today actually comes overclocked out of the box. Looking below, you can see the core has been boosted from the standard 1100MHz to 1160MHz. As for the 2GB of GDDR5, that has seen a small increase which sees the clock go from 6500MHz QDR to 6600MHz QDR.
As we mentioned in the introduction, we'll be overclocking the VisionTek R7 260X 2GB today. Looking above you can see we managed to push the core clock up to a strong 1270MHz, while we managed to push the 2GB of GDDR just slightly higher coming in at 6800MHz QDR.
This is a strong core clock and should yield some good gains over the reference card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- Nintendo NX has a 60% chance at succeeding, says analyst
- iPad Pro chip A9X broken down, specs revealed
- AMD Crimson driver causing fan issues, hotfix incoming
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis