We're not going to spend a lot of time on the package today. The system ships double boxed with a brown box on the outside and a nice retail box inside. On the enterprise side, we're more concerned with product protection than we are with pretty colors and details printed on the outside. Most of these products are purchased over the internet, so shipping takes precedence over shelf appeal.
As mentioned, the system ships double boxed. Inside, we found layers of foam with the NAS placed deep inside for maximum protection.
At the corners, where most shipping damage occurs, we found a three to four inch space between the server and the box. Closed cell foam fills the space for maximum protection.
Each drive has a separate section for protection as well. The drive sleds are also tucked inside the foam; a place for everything.
The system ships with a paper quick start guide, a three-month trial for 100GB of cloud storage, and a warranty card. A full manual and software are on the USB drive shaped like a key.
On the cable side, you get two power cables and a single Ethernet cable. Also pictured here are the screws for the rack rails.
The rails that ship with the Business Storage NAS are high quality with a large ball bearing section for small server slides in and out from the rack. Also included is a cable management arm, but you need a deep rack to use the cable management arm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 5 [Seagate Business Storage NAS]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 8 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 8 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance