Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS, you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
At the heart of the system is an Intel dual-core processor running at 2.3GHz and backed by 4GB of ECC DDR III DRAM. In the 8-bay rackmount NAS market, we usually see systems ship with only 2GB of DRAM, so Seagate raised the bar over the ordinary in this area as well.
The biggest hardware feature for the Business Storage NAS though, is density in the 1U form factor. Eight 3.5" HDDs in a 1U doubles the density of typical 1U servers. Another way to look at the Business Storage NAS is it reduces the number of rackmount units to hold eight HDDs, whichever way, up to 32GB of data can be held in a 1U form factor and that's what makes this product unique.
It shouldn't come as a surprise that we found Seagate hard drives in the system. Seagate ships five product SKUs, each with different capacity. Inside our STDP32000100, we found Seagate ES.3 4TB HDDs. The ES product line has a history of high reliability and strong performance. We still have several original ES series drives in operation today at my office location. Not all hard drives are built the same way and Seagate chose to use true enterprise Nearline HDDs instead of tweaked consumer HDDs.
Primary connectivity comes from dual gigabit Ethernet ports that can run on two separate networks or in 802.3ad link agg mode for increased performance or failover. Redundant features don't stop with the network connections, Seagate chose to include dual hot-swappable power supplies and three hot-swappable internal fans.
For the system administrator, Seagate provides a turnkey solution that's ready to install and go to work for your company. Sliding rails are included in the package with the hard drives and power cords; and the system is ready to accept data within ten minutes of turning the system on.
With Google Shopping we found the STDP32000100 (32TB model) for as low as $4,500, but prices ranged from e-tailers all the way up to nearly $5,100 for the same model. The 8TB model was online for as low as $2,919. Looking at the price scale as capacity increases, each product step increases the cost between $300 and $400 in most cases. All capacity sizes ship with a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 5 [Seagate Business Storage NAS]
- Page 6 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 8 HDD / RAID 5]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 8 HDD / RAID 6 and Single Client Wrap-up]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Multi-Client Test]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications