After a couple of weeks with the Apuri, I can say this product has found a new home on my desktop and is going nowhere any time soon. Not only is it an attractive bungee with the flat black, rubberized, surfaces, and the trio of lights at the top and the glow it delivers to the top of the desk. No doubt about it, the Apuri is the best looking solution to tending to my mouse cable that we have yet to test in my tenure here. As a bungee, it works great to help with the cabling from my mouse as well as my keyboard, now instead of running out in the open to the left, they run straight ahead of my devices and into the Apuri. This is the best feature to me, since my PC sets a good distance off to my left, and the front is the furthest from me, when connecting my phone, camera, USB drives, a headset, or any combination of four devices, essentially making it so you shouldn't have to go to the front or rear I/O panel for most of your connectivity.
While testing there were some obvious limitations. With just the USB cable to power the hub, I could run my Keyboard, and even use the little dongle for the Logitech G700s mouse, but when I tried to charge the mouse via the hub, there is a message that pops up explaining the hub does not have enough power to achieve charging as well. This is because with just the USB cable for power, the specifications tell us there is only 500mA to attempt this.
With the AC power adapter in the Apuri, there was no issues populating the four ports and getting my needs met. I was able to have one mouse in use, another charging, my phone charging, and the keyboard all plugged in and there were no issues doing so. In some instances where the office or desktop is spread out a bit, like with my chassis to the far left and the mouse on my right, I could have used a few more inches of the provided USB cable to hide that wire some. As it sits, it is running across the middle of my desk, but at least now it is only one cable rather than three or four.
For what it is, a light for the desktop in complete darkness, a 4-port USB 2.0 hub where the ports are also illuminated from the LEDs inside, and the bungee on top to tend to the mouse wiring, it checks the box in all categories for delivering a solid and very user friendly product. With no lights on in the room, it is still easy to swap drives, devices, or just sit and bask in the attractiveness of the Apuri as it sits ready for battle on the desk top.
As I addressed, previous to this offering, I was not a fan of the bungee systems, they just took up space to me. With the ROCCAT Apuri Active USB-Hub with Mouse Bungee, they have delivered something very worthy of the space required, and it is a product that I can see using with my PC, indefinitely. When you throw in the fact that all of this sexiness and convenience can be had for just less than $35, it is easy to see that the Apuri is the bungee system to buy if you are in the market for such a device. At this price it even makes for an outstanding gift idea for the tech-heads in your life.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Apuri Active USB-Hub with Mouse Bungee]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google to punish mobile sites with intrusive advertising
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L