Installation and Finished Product
Here we have taken the studs and pushed them through the back plate. Be sure when adding the holder clips on the tabs that they are pushed in to the second position. The sides clip into grooves and naturally push the studs inward rather than easily accepting them into the locked position.
With the studs and the clips all sorted out, the back plate easily fits into the mounting holes of the motherboard. That greenish bit acts as the isolation material to keep the plate from shorting against the motherboard.
Flipping the board over allows for the placement of the black plastic risers. Place one on each stud, as this is the final height for the block hardware to be tightened to for the best mounting pressure.
Grabbing the Intel brackets, all we had to do was orient the tabs to bend toward the base plate, rest it on top of the spot to mount it, and to secure it, the screws run up from the bottom and screw into threads in the holes of the metal brackets above.
Make sure to remove the plastic base cover, add some thermal paste, and then set the head unit onto the hardware. At this point, all that is left to do is to screw down the nuts in an X-pattern until they stop spinning to maximize the mounting pressure.
Even though the Nepton 280L comes with a taller head unit than most, behind the Trident X memory, there is nothing of it to be seen, and it causes no conflicts with any of the slots.
The fitting of the head unit is next to the memory, but you can see there is plenty of clearance between it and the memory dust cover installed in the unused slot. We have also plugged in the 4-pin from the pump into the CPU header, and we used the splitter cable to connect the pair of JetFlo fans, which also adds a bit of length to help manage the cabling a bit cleaner.
Since we had the 120mm fans on the radiator last, with the use of a few zip strips we mounted the radiator to the back of the chassis. Since there is rubber pads on the fans there are no worries of damaging the paint either.
Once the system is powered up, the Nepton 280L comes to life. This is when the ring around the Cooler master name on the head unit starts to glow white, and while the JetFlo 140mm fans have no LEDs, the 120mm ones glow with a brilliant blue color.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Nepton 280L Liquid CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now