As I finish up testing this video board, I can't help to wonder how they managed to get such good power in a package that is currently retailing for US$172. Granted the card came in dead last in every test, but that was expected. What wasn't expected was the range between performance levels.
With 128MB of a very good quality memory, not only can you get some very workable numbers from the default settings, but you can get even more with its effective overclocking capabilities. Though I expected a bit more from the memory modules, I didn't expect nearly the levels I received from the VPU core itself. Overall a very nice touch.
The cooling is smallish, but effective. There was very little sound put out by the fan used, but if you prefer a total quiet solution you can look into the Sapphire 9600XT Ultimate Edition, which will feature heatpipe cooling instead of the active type.
Bottom line...If you're looking for solid performance but don't have a boatload of money to spend on your next video board, then you have definitely found your dream card. With good performance and a price that is about $30 less than other 9600XT boards available, you just can't go wrong.
Less expensive than other 9600XT boards
Playable frame rates with AA/AF enabled
Excellent overclocking of core
Very good performance
Memory overclocking a bit off
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 3 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 4 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - AA/AF]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand