As I finish up testing this video board, I can't help to wonder how they managed to get such good power in a package that is currently retailing for US$172. Granted the card came in dead last in every test, but that was expected. What wasn't expected was the range between performance levels.
With 128MB of a very good quality memory, not only can you get some very workable numbers from the default settings, but you can get even more with its effective overclocking capabilities. Though I expected a bit more from the memory modules, I didn't expect nearly the levels I received from the VPU core itself. Overall a very nice touch.
The cooling is smallish, but effective. There was very little sound put out by the fan used, but if you prefer a total quiet solution you can look into the Sapphire 9600XT Ultimate Edition, which will feature heatpipe cooling instead of the active type.
Bottom line...If you're looking for solid performance but don't have a boatload of money to spend on your next video board, then you have definitely found your dream card. With good performance and a price that is about $30 less than other 9600XT boards available, you just can't go wrong.
Less expensive than other 9600XT boards
Playable frame rates with AA/AF enabled
Excellent overclocking of core
Very good performance
Memory overclocking a bit off
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 3 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 4 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - AA/AF]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Vega graphics cards launch in early 2017
- AMD now has over 100 FreeSync monitors in its arsenal
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller