As I finish up testing this video board, I can't help to wonder how they managed to get such good power in a package that is currently retailing for US$172. Granted the card came in dead last in every test, but that was expected. What wasn't expected was the range between performance levels.
With 128MB of a very good quality memory, not only can you get some very workable numbers from the default settings, but you can get even more with its effective overclocking capabilities. Though I expected a bit more from the memory modules, I didn't expect nearly the levels I received from the VPU core itself. Overall a very nice touch.
The cooling is smallish, but effective. There was very little sound put out by the fan used, but if you prefer a total quiet solution you can look into the Sapphire 9600XT Ultimate Edition, which will feature heatpipe cooling instead of the active type.
Bottom line...If you're looking for solid performance but don't have a boatload of money to spend on your next video board, then you have definitely found your dream card. With good performance and a price that is about $30 less than other 9600XT boards available, you just can't go wrong.
Less expensive than other 9600XT boards
Playable frame rates with AA/AF enabled
Excellent overclocking of core
Very good performance
Memory overclocking a bit off
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 3 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 4 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - AA/AF]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer details augmentations, and more
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched