Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As you'd expect, the ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 3GB video card carries with it a price premium. What you probably don't expect is for that premium to be only $10 over the standard $299.99 price tag. Hitting at $309.99, it really does hit at a slightly better price point than we expected. Normally we'd expect maybe $15 - $20 over the standard price. Sure, $5 - $10 less isn't much, but at the end of the day, it all adds up when building a PC.
Checking out the bundle, it's all very typical of most cards these days. We really don't have much going on at all. This has been a trend for a while now and we'd rather companies concentrated on the card itself and its features then some game that we probably already own or never want.
Performance is strong and the overclocking potential is excellent. Running at over 1200MHz on the core really yields some excellent performance, as we saw today. Combining the strong overclocking potential with the excellent quality of the cooler, we really do have quite a strong all round video card that ticks all the boxes.
AMD's Radeon R9 280X on a whole is an excellent model and the ASUS variation is a strong offering which brings with it some features that really help the model stand out from the pack. While the out of the box overclock isn't the strongest, fire up your favorite overclocking software, and you can find out what the R9 280X is really capable of doing.
If you're a fan of ASUS products on a whole and you're looking for a new video card that is around that $300 mark, this is a really excellent option. We'd really recommend you get a little bit into the overclocking side of things, though, to see just what you can get out of the card, since the potential for it is built into it. It's both fun and brings with it a strong boost in performance at no extra cost.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017