WD Black 2 Dual Drive HDD
The WD Black 2 Dual Drive shipped in its retail upgrade packaging.
The WD Black 2 Dual Drive is marketed as an upgrade solution. Thus, we have the full kit to complete the operation. In the box, you will find the drive itself, along with an external adapter for connecting your old drive after installation. Additionally, you will find a hefty manual in several languages and the software on a USB key.
The WD Black 2 carries an outward appearance similar to a solid state drive. Here we have a black PCB, with branding in gold lettering.
The WD Black 2 uses standard SATA power and data connections.
The bottom of the drive houses the model identification, and the platter PCB.
Removing the solid state PCB revealed the WD Slim 1TB HDD underneath.
Here we have our first look at the SSD itself, powered by a JMicron 667H controller and two NAND packages.
Initially, the WD Black 2 only allows the OS to see the SSD. This is to insure there is no confusion when installing your operating system. After you have successfully installed the OS, you can then use the included USB Key to launch the software and unlock the HDD portion of the drive.
After the software installs and unlocks the HDD, a prompt allows you to restart your PC.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD