Being our first ever SiS 655FX chipset board, we have a mixed bag of emotions. While it does give some good scores, its only flaw is the manufacturers adoption. Gigabyte are normally known for great featured boards with good overclocking, but this time they have let us down with a very mild range of overclocking options.
While most of us would tend to stay away from SiS chipsets after this review, we must remind you that this is only one board so far and we wouldn't judge the chipset on just this one board. However, a bit more research on the manufacturers side of things could have and would have made this a much more successful product.
Overall a good performing chipset was let down by a rather flawed overclocking and optimization side. If you are looking for value with a bit of kick, this is it. BUT overclockers beware, this board isn't for you.
Serial ATA RAID
Rather poor overclocking
Rating - 6.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4