Being our first ever SiS 655FX chipset board, we have a mixed bag of emotions. While it does give some good scores, its only flaw is the manufacturers adoption. Gigabyte are normally known for great featured boards with good overclocking, but this time they have let us down with a very mild range of overclocking options.
While most of us would tend to stay away from SiS chipsets after this review, we must remind you that this is only one board so far and we wouldn't judge the chipset on just this one board. However, a bit more research on the manufacturers side of things could have and would have made this a much more successful product.
Overall a good performing chipset was let down by a rather flawed overclocking and optimization side. If you are looking for value with a bit of kick, this is it. BUT overclockers beware, this board isn't for you.
Serial ATA RAID
Rather poor overclocking
Rating - 6.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 13 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017