Want some of the fastest SDRAM in the world? Well, today we have some High Speed SDRAM (HSDRAM) for you to have a look at. The specific HSDRAM I'm talking about is Mushkin's PC150 Ram! Mushkin Enhanced Memory Systems are known for producing fast, high quality RAM to around 45 countries worldwide for a few years now.
The Mushkin HSDRAM we have here today is an unbuffered 168-pin DIMM with 128mb Enhanced PC150 with a CAS Latency of 2, RAS to CAS Delay of 3 and a Precharge Delay of 2 (2:3:2). The clock access time is incredibly fast at 4.5ns. The fast 4.5 ns clock access time allows for the unbuffered DIMM operation at 150 MHz for lower memory latency, thus resulting in better system performance. The 128MB module (SM12808DT-6.6) is organized as 16mb x 64. According to Mushkin's product information page, each module contains a serial presence EEPROM programmed by Enhanced Memory Systems, which contains information on the module type, module organization, component speed, and other attributes relevant to the system controller. The system bios would use this EEPROM information and to program certain system settings and identify the RAM properly, maybe even resulting in a more stable PC. Below is a shot of the reverse side of the Mushkin PC150 memory...
When I received the memory in the mail it came in a rather large Fed EX box, when I open the box I realised that it was the Mushkin memory I had been waiting for and it was in fact seated in a air tight "balloon" with tags to pull. This is the BEST package delivery system I have seen by any company EVER!
Mushkin really wants to make sure the memory gets sent to you without getting damaged.
Quick Specification List
Mushkin HSDRAM PC150MHz
128mb Enhanced Memory
CAS 2 Modules (2:3:2) @ 150 MHz
CAS Latency = 2
RAS to CAS Delay = 3
Precharge Delay = 2
Fast 4.5 ns Clock Access Time
Supports CAS Latency = 2,3
Unbuffered 168-pin Dimm
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card