RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write
Each QD for every parameter tested includes 300 data points (five minutes of one second reports) to illustrate the degree of performance variability. The line for each QD represents the average speed reported during the five-minute interval.
4K random speed measurements are an important metric when comparing drive performance, as the hardest type of file access for any storage solution to master is small-file random. One of the most sought-after performance specifications, 4K random performance is a heavily marketed figure.
The HGST array peaks at an average of 669,711 IOPS at QD256, while the Micron array reaches 318,811 IOPS.
Garbage collection routines are more pronounced in heavy write workloads. This leads to more variability in performance.
The HGST SSD800MH peaks at QD64 with 30,561 IOPS. The Microns top out at QD64 with 27,571 IOPS. With write activity, we note that performance actually decreases as we add in higher QD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Adaptec ASR-8885 Management and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Adaptec ASR-8885]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [RAID 0 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 0 Database/OLTP, Webserver and Fileserver]
- Page 9 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 10 [RAID 5 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 11 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 12 [RAID 5 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- Early copy of No Man's Sky allegedly sold for $1,250
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio