RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write
The 128K read sequential speeds reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a file size encountered in an enterprise scenario. The Micron's pull ahead in this test, leveraging their impressive read speed, topping out at 6,080 MB/s, while the HGST array peaks at 5,875 MB/s. We are clearly bumping up against controller limitations with both SSD arrays saturating the controller.
128k read latency results indicates the HGST SSD's are more nimble at lower Queue Depths, where the controller has fewer devices to manage. Both arrays reach the best IOPS/latency ratio at QD128.
HGST array reaches the maximum speed of the controller with 5,198 MB/s, and peaks as high as 5,645 MB/s at QD256. The Micron array tops out at 2,771 MB/s, which leaves quite a bit of performance lost in the scaling of the controller. With each P400m conservatively rated at 310 MB/s of sequential write speed we should hit at, or above, 4,960 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Adaptec ASR-8885 Management and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Adaptec ASR-8885]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [RAID 0 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 0 Database/OLTP, Webserver and Fileserver]
- Page 9 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 10 [RAID 5 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 11 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 12 [RAID 5 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent