RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write
The 128K read sequential speeds reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a file size encountered in an enterprise scenario. The Micron's pull ahead in this test, leveraging their impressive read speed, topping out at 6,080 MB/s, while the HGST array peaks at 5,875 MB/s. We are clearly bumping up against controller limitations with both SSD arrays saturating the controller.
128k read latency results indicates the HGST SSD's are more nimble at lower Queue Depths, where the controller has fewer devices to manage. Both arrays reach the best IOPS/latency ratio at QD128.
HGST array reaches the maximum speed of the controller with 5,198 MB/s, and peaks as high as 5,645 MB/s at QD256. The Micron array tops out at 2,771 MB/s, which leaves quite a bit of performance lost in the scaling of the controller. With each P400m conservatively rated at 310 MB/s of sequential write speed we should hit at, or above, 4,960 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Adaptec ASR-8885 Management and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Adaptec ASR-8885]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [RAID 0 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [RAID 0 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [RAID 0 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [RAID 0 Database/OLTP, Webserver and Fileserver]
- Page 9 [RAID 5 4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 10 [RAID 5 8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 11 [RAID 5 128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 12 [RAID 5 Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines