This is something I really have a hard time doing: benchmarks on mobile devices. I'm going to continue them, but I really don't like the idea of "comparing" "results" against mobile devices, as it does not at all represent real-world performance, at all. But, we'll provide them anyway.
When testing our Nexus 7, and any device going into the future, we put them into Airplane mode, then reboot them and run the benchmarks fresh. Between each benchmark, we reboot the device to flush it clean and run the next benchmark, and so on.
First up, we'll dive into some Basemark X results.
The refreshed Nexus 7's Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC holds up quite well in Basemark X, where it manages to jump out in the lead by a fair margin at 720p, but not so much at 1080p.
I tried running 3DMark in the usual Ice Storm benchmark, which pushes just 720p on the device - and wondered why it didn't spit out a score at the end. Then, I realized it said "Maxed Out." The G2 performed so damn well in this test, that it blew off the scoreboard and wouldn't give me a result to put down in my benchmark. Oh well, onto Ice Storm Extreme!
Ok, wow: I just ran the Ice Storm Extreme benchmark, and it has said the same thing. But, 3DMark recommends that I "try running Ice Storm Unlimited instead," so I'm going to do just that. Let's see how that goes!
I re-ran some of my devices that I have here in my labs, so we could get a better idea of just how much ass the G2 kicks.
Ok, now we can see how all of our devices fare in 3DMark's Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark, with the G2 again, kicking some serious mobile ass. The G2 is way out in front with 15,144, with the trailing Nexus devices: 10,918 for the refreshed Nexus 7 and just 3,243 for the 2012 Nexus 7. The Nexus 4 doesn't do too badly here, with 11,313.
We've changed up our GLBenchmark tests, as Kishonti Informatics has released GLBenchmark 2.7, the latest in its benchmarking software. First up, we have the GFXBench 2.7 T-Rex HD Offscreen benchmark.
Next up we have the Fill Rate Offscreen, again at 1080p.
Second to last, we have Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro with the Full Benchmark Total Score.
HOLY CRAP!! Do you see that?! The LG G2 just completely, utterly, and undeniably smashes every other device I've tested. The closest device is the Sony Xperia Z with 8,168... but the G2 has an astounding score of 20,369! Unbelievable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- Samsung's new 3440x1440 display has FreeSync and 100Hz
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller