This is something I really have a hard time doing: benchmarks on mobile devices. I'm going to continue them, but I really don't like the idea of "comparing" "results" against mobile devices, as it does not at all represent real-world performance, at all. But, we'll provide them anyway.
When testing our Nexus 7, and any device going into the future, we put them into Airplane mode, then reboot them and run the benchmarks fresh. Between each benchmark, we reboot the device to flush it clean and run the next benchmark, and so on.
First up, we'll dive into some Basemark X results.
The refreshed Nexus 7's Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC holds up quite well in Basemark X, where it manages to jump out in the lead by a fair margin at 720p, but not so much at 1080p.
I tried running 3DMark in the usual Ice Storm benchmark, which pushes just 720p on the device - and wondered why it didn't spit out a score at the end. Then, I realized it said "Maxed Out." The G2 performed so damn well in this test, that it blew off the scoreboard and wouldn't give me a result to put down in my benchmark. Oh well, onto Ice Storm Extreme!
Ok, wow: I just ran the Ice Storm Extreme benchmark, and it has said the same thing. But, 3DMark recommends that I "try running Ice Storm Unlimited instead," so I'm going to do just that. Let's see how that goes!
I re-ran some of my devices that I have here in my labs, so we could get a better idea of just how much ass the G2 kicks.
Ok, now we can see how all of our devices fare in 3DMark's Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark, with the G2 again, kicking some serious mobile ass. The G2 is way out in front with 15,144, with the trailing Nexus devices: 10,918 for the refreshed Nexus 7 and just 3,243 for the 2012 Nexus 7. The Nexus 4 doesn't do too badly here, with 11,313.
We've changed up our GLBenchmark tests, as Kishonti Informatics has released GLBenchmark 2.7, the latest in its benchmarking software. First up, we have the GFXBench 2.7 T-Rex HD Offscreen benchmark.
Next up we have the Fill Rate Offscreen, again at 1080p.
Second to last, we have Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro with the Full Benchmark Total Score.
HOLY CRAP!! Do you see that?! The LG G2 just completely, utterly, and undeniably smashes every other device I've tested. The closest device is the Sony Xperia Z with 8,168... but the G2 has an astounding score of 20,369! Unbelievable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset