This is something I really have a hard time doing: benchmarks on mobile devices. I'm going to continue them, but I really don't like the idea of "comparing" "results" against mobile devices, as it does not at all represent real-world performance, at all. But, we'll provide them anyway.
When testing our Nexus 7, and any device going into the future, we put them into Airplane mode, then reboot them and run the benchmarks fresh. Between each benchmark, we reboot the device to flush it clean and run the next benchmark, and so on.
First up, we'll dive into some Basemark X results.
The refreshed Nexus 7's Snapdragon S4 Pro SoC holds up quite well in Basemark X, where it manages to jump out in the lead by a fair margin at 720p, but not so much at 1080p.
I tried running 3DMark in the usual Ice Storm benchmark, which pushes just 720p on the device - and wondered why it didn't spit out a score at the end. Then, I realized it said "Maxed Out." The G2 performed so damn well in this test, that it blew off the scoreboard and wouldn't give me a result to put down in my benchmark. Oh well, onto Ice Storm Extreme!
Ok, wow: I just ran the Ice Storm Extreme benchmark, and it has said the same thing. But, 3DMark recommends that I "try running Ice Storm Unlimited instead," so I'm going to do just that. Let's see how that goes!
I re-ran some of my devices that I have here in my labs, so we could get a better idea of just how much ass the G2 kicks.
Ok, now we can see how all of our devices fare in 3DMark's Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark, with the G2 again, kicking some serious mobile ass. The G2 is way out in front with 15,144, with the trailing Nexus devices: 10,918 for the refreshed Nexus 7 and just 3,243 for the 2012 Nexus 7. The Nexus 4 doesn't do too badly here, with 11,313.
We've changed up our GLBenchmark tests, as Kishonti Informatics has released GLBenchmark 2.7, the latest in its benchmarking software. First up, we have the GFXBench 2.7 T-Rex HD Offscreen benchmark.
Next up we have the Fill Rate Offscreen, again at 1080p.
Second to last, we have Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro with the Full Benchmark Total Score.
HOLY CRAP!! Do you see that?! The LG G2 just completely, utterly, and undeniably smashes every other device I've tested. The closest device is the Sony Xperia Z with 8,168... but the G2 has an astounding score of 20,369! Unbelievable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent