Performance and Cameras Tests
We'll start off with some 4G LTE performance numbers, which were nothing short of impressive. Keep in mind that my home Internet connection - ADSL - is just 8Mbps down and 384Kbit up - pathetic speeds, really.
LG has packed the G2 with some of the most impressive specs on the market, including Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 SoC. I had absolutely no issues with the G2 for the week I had it, no slowdowns, no crashes - nothing went wrong whatsoever. If you want one of the fastest smartphones on the market, you want the G2.
Let's move onto some images from the camera. Here are some examples from the 13-megapixel rear-facing camera:
The HDR functions on the G2 are actually quite good, and in some cases you can instantly tell the difference. The two photos below, are with HDR off, then HDR on.
The panoramic abilities are also good, but I would've expected better from this camera.
And now for some video samples:
The video recording quality on the G2 is absolutely amazing - I have a young daughter that I'm always trying to capture moments with, and it comes out in stellar quality. Even the front-facing camera is impressive, as you can see above.
Now let's get into some of those benchmark graphs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives