Performance and Cameras Tests
We'll start off with some 4G LTE performance numbers, which were nothing short of impressive. Keep in mind that my home Internet connection - ADSL - is just 8Mbps down and 384Kbit up - pathetic speeds, really.
LG has packed the G2 with some of the most impressive specs on the market, including Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 SoC. I had absolutely no issues with the G2 for the week I had it, no slowdowns, no crashes - nothing went wrong whatsoever. If you want one of the fastest smartphones on the market, you want the G2.
Let's move onto some images from the camera. Here are some examples from the 13-megapixel rear-facing camera:
The HDR functions on the G2 are actually quite good, and in some cases you can instantly tell the difference. The two photos below, are with HDR off, then HDR on.
The panoramic abilities are also good, but I would've expected better from this camera.
And now for some video samples:
The video recording quality on the G2 is absolutely amazing - I have a young daughter that I'm always trying to capture moments with, and it comes out in stellar quality. Even the front-facing camera is impressive, as you can see above.
Now let's get into some of those benchmark graphs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Foxconn has replaced more than half its workers with robots
- Usernames, media won't count toward Twitter character limit soon
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- Next-gen 4K-ready Xbox coming in 2017, could sport external GPU
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition