For wireless range, we need to refer back to the Network Infrastructure chart on page four of this article. Each chart herein is based on the locations on the table. To make it simple Location 1 is the closest and within Line of Sight while Location 4 is the furthest away with many walls in between. Location 5 tests the routers ability to generate enough signal strength to penetrate to the second floor of a home.
Our first chart shows the range of the RTA15 using the 2.4 GHz 20 MHz band. As you can see, the router was able to maintain a great signal rate throughout the first three locations, but dropped off sharply as we moved past 40 feet.
The 40 MHz width on the 2.4 GHz band allowed similar results to the previous test. Here we see the RTA15 maintain pretty good signal throughout.
Moving over to the 5 GHz band, we find the range to improve drastically when it comes to getting a signal on the second floor. Here we find the signal rate is the same -45dbm of Location 1.
5 GHz 40 MHz allows the same basic signal strength to floor above, while losing a bit of signal to Location 3.
5 GHz 80 MHz gave us a slight increase in signal strength to location 3. All other Locations carry the same signal as previous 5 GHz channels.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Amped Wireless RTA15 Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Enter our giant 'BFG' Blu-ray giveaway thanks to Disney!
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset