Router Setup and Management Interface
When first connecting to the router, you will be greeted by the setup menu. You can also access it via 192.168.3.1 or setup.ampedwireless.com. The unit comes with SSIDs secured from the factory, so you can do your initial setup wirelessly.
Walking through the menu system, be sure to plug all cables in at this point and double check your wireless antennas.
If you so choose, you have the option of using manual setup to configure your router to your needs or automatic where the router does everything for you.
Setup takes approximately 20 seconds to complete after which the router is ready to go.
The 5 GHz settings menu allows you to change SSIDs, what bands to broadcast on, in addition to the channel width 20, 40 or 80MHz.
Advanced settings for the 5 GHz band allows you configure Tx beamforming, among others.
Moving to the wireless coverage menu item, you will find you can adjust the output power of the 5 GHz band.
Looking at the smart features, we find the option to block and filter websites.
You can configure your USB storage within the local sharing menu, additionally you can choose to setup an FTP server right on the router.
Firewall settings open up options for port filtering and port forwarding. Additionally, you will find DMZ and Virtual LAN options within this menu.
As of late, in the high-end of the consumer space, routers have begun to offer VLAN support. VLANs allow you to split or separate your network. One example would be to setup two VLANs in a home office environment to keep PCs that do not belong to the office off the same network.
Within the management menu, you can view network statistics, manage your dynamic DNS and upgrade firmware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Amped Wireless RTA15 Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis