Router Setup and Management Interface
When first connecting to the router, you will be greeted by the setup menu. You can also access it via 192.168.3.1 or setup.ampedwireless.com. The unit comes with SSIDs secured from the factory, so you can do your initial setup wirelessly.
Walking through the menu system, be sure to plug all cables in at this point and double check your wireless antennas.
If you so choose, you have the option of using manual setup to configure your router to your needs or automatic where the router does everything for you.
Setup takes approximately 20 seconds to complete after which the router is ready to go.
The 5 GHz settings menu allows you to change SSIDs, what bands to broadcast on, in addition to the channel width 20, 40 or 80MHz.
Advanced settings for the 5 GHz band allows you configure Tx beamforming, among others.
Moving to the wireless coverage menu item, you will find you can adjust the output power of the 5 GHz band.
Looking at the smart features, we find the option to block and filter websites.
You can configure your USB storage within the local sharing menu, additionally you can choose to setup an FTP server right on the router.
Firewall settings open up options for port filtering and port forwarding. Additionally, you will find DMZ and Virtual LAN options within this menu.
As of late, in the high-end of the consumer space, routers have begun to offer VLAN support. VLANs allow you to split or separate your network. One example would be to setup two VLANs in a home office environment to keep PCs that do not belong to the office off the same network.
Within the management menu, you can view network statistics, manage your dynamic DNS and upgrade firmware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Amped Wireless RTA15 Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce teased with 'Order of 10' mystery
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched