Router Setup and Management Interface
First connection to the 868L leaves us preparing to set it up. Here we have the option of manual or an automated process.
There is also an additional wireless setup wizard. Optionally, you can set your connection up manually.
As routers have matured, they have also become a central point for adding storage to your network. Here you can setup users, in addition to the storage medium.
Here we have the media server menu. From within, you can setup the built-in DLNA server, along with the iTunes server and enabling USB 3.0. A side note about USB 3.0 use is the adverse effects that have been documented with the 2.4GHz band. With this, D-Link gives you a pop-up warning when you enable it.
The 868L supports the cloud service myDlink, allowing you to access and manage your router from anywhere in the world. Additionally, you can access the storage on the router on the go.
The QoS engine has been widely revamped here, especially if I compare this to my personal router, the DIR-857.
Advanced wireless allows you to control the transmit power for both bands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [D-Link DIR-868L Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017