Router Setup and Management Interface
First connection to the 868L leaves us preparing to set it up. Here we have the option of manual or an automated process.
There is also an additional wireless setup wizard. Optionally, you can set your connection up manually.
As routers have matured, they have also become a central point for adding storage to your network. Here you can setup users, in addition to the storage medium.
Here we have the media server menu. From within, you can setup the built-in DLNA server, along with the iTunes server and enabling USB 3.0. A side note about USB 3.0 use is the adverse effects that have been documented with the 2.4GHz band. With this, D-Link gives you a pop-up warning when you enable it.
The 868L supports the cloud service myDlink, allowing you to access and manage your router from anywhere in the world. Additionally, you can access the storage on the router on the go.
The QoS engine has been widely revamped here, especially if I compare this to my personal router, the DIR-857.
Advanced wireless allows you to control the transmit power for both bands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [D-Link DIR-868L Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now