For the SOHO user, NAS appliances have traditionally offered a plethora of features that would go unused leaving the home user with an expensive storage solution, sitting idle, draining on the power bill.
With the increased penetration into the SOHO market, Thecus took another route and as of October of this year, started offering embedded NAS appliances built for the SOHO market.
The N4560 is a four-bay NAS appliance catered towards the SOHO market. Within this NAS appliance, we find many of the same underlying components that were introduced with the N2560 we reviewed back in September, though the N4560 does entertain a few more features within its firmware.
Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
The N4560 is built on the Intel Atom CE5335 SoC which operates at 1.6GHz. Next to this we have 2GB of DDR3 with four hot-swappable drive bays, featuring SATA 6 GB/s support.
The rear I/O panel includes a single gigabit ethernet port, dual USB 2.0 ports, HDMI and SPDIF optical audio. The power supply of this unit is housed internally and peaks at 150w.
Pricing of the 4-bay Thecus N4560 at this time is set at $449.99 with market availability high and it comes with a two year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings