This is now our second helping of the Highpoint e.SATA systems, and so far we have been very impressed. Highpoint has designed these systems to run with single drive IDE, multiple drive IDE and now single drive Serial ATA. No matter what your drive or requirements, Highpoint has now taken it on their shoulders to give us what is needed.
e.SATA is now showing its way of being a new standard for external storage solutions with higher transfer rates than USB 2.0 or Firewire could ever hope to achieve. And with its ability to use standard IDE and Serial ATA drives, the costs are much more reasonable than buying dedicated external solutions from companies such as Maxtor. While this does sound too good to be true there is one catch: At this time you need either a Highpoint e.SATA card or to buy a Serial ATA header to e.SATA converter which only comes from Highpoint. This means at this time there are no available solutions for notebooks to use, which are the more commonly used devices when it comes to external storage.
In all we were extremely impressed with its speed, ease of use and setup and with our only problem being compatibility with some PC's without the ability to use e.SATA controller cards or converters, we really had nothing bad to say. Maybe in version 4 we'll see support for notebooks.
Supports Serial ATA drives up to and over 200GB
Cheaper than dedicated external solutions
Fully upgradeable with upcoming Serial ATA drives
Requires a dedicated controller card
No support for Notebooks
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 3 [Features]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Transfer Rate and Times]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni