This is now our second helping of the Highpoint e.SATA systems, and so far we have been very impressed. Highpoint has designed these systems to run with single drive IDE, multiple drive IDE and now single drive Serial ATA. No matter what your drive or requirements, Highpoint has now taken it on their shoulders to give us what is needed.
e.SATA is now showing its way of being a new standard for external storage solutions with higher transfer rates than USB 2.0 or Firewire could ever hope to achieve. And with its ability to use standard IDE and Serial ATA drives, the costs are much more reasonable than buying dedicated external solutions from companies such as Maxtor. While this does sound too good to be true there is one catch: At this time you need either a Highpoint e.SATA card or to buy a Serial ATA header to e.SATA converter which only comes from Highpoint. This means at this time there are no available solutions for notebooks to use, which are the more commonly used devices when it comes to external storage.
In all we were extremely impressed with its speed, ease of use and setup and with our only problem being compatibility with some PC's without the ability to use e.SATA controller cards or converters, we really had nothing bad to say. Maybe in version 4 we'll see support for notebooks.
Supports Serial ATA drives up to and over 200GB
Cheaper than dedicated external solutions
Fully upgradeable with upcoming Serial ATA drives
Requires a dedicated controller card
No support for Notebooks
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 3 [Features]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Transfer Rate and Times]
- e.SATA Kit v3.0 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung is close to the world's most profitable company
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Cheapest Rainbow Six Siege in big Ubisoft PC Summer Sale
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller