One of the things I've always found fantastic about Be Quiet!'s power supplies is an excellent selection of cables and connectors with their units - the Pure Power L8 500W is no different. It has just what you need with a little bit of a twist. There are two PCI-E connectors with one on each cable. Peripheral connectors are spread out over three cables, one with all SATA, one with all Molex, and one with SATA, Molex, and an FDD connector.
The Pure Power L8 500W power supply features dual 12V rails. The first 12V rail supplies power to the motherboard, one of the PCI-E cables and all peripherals. The second 12V rail feeds the other PCI-E cable and the auxiliary power for the motherboard. Unfortunately, these aren't clearly labeled and the only way you can tell is by looking at the yellow wires. 12V2 has yellow 12V wires with a blue stripe to differentiate them.
A Look Inside
Inside, we find a tiny PCB with minimal components and cooling. Even though it will only hinder the cooling capabilities of the power supply a tiny bit, I find it odd that they've placed a sticker on top of one of the heat sinks.
A single Teapo bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Teapo caps.
Be Quiet!'s Silent Wings T12025-MS-16 fan provides the active cooling for this power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will show more from 'Overwatch' on Thursday
- Region coding removed from UltraHD Blu-ray spec
- We've seen it all - there are now SSD water blocks
- Black Ops 3 campaign lets you fast-forward right to the end
- Nexus 6P and 5X unboxing videos surface
- Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Fans are always at 100%
- ASRock Fatal1ty x99x killer not booting up
- H97M - Gaming 3 stuck at "Entering setup
- Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Can't overclock i7-5775C
- Giada Brightens up GITEX 2015 with Ultimate Digital Signage Mini PCs and Server
- Shuttle Announces the XS35V5 and XS36V5 Small Form Factor Computers
- Lexar Also Announces Professional 3600x and 3500x CFast 2.0 Cards
- Lexar Introduces New Professional 2933x XQD 2.0 Card
- Lexar Also Announces the 128GB Variant of Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card