One of the things I've always found fantastic about Be Quiet!'s power supplies is an excellent selection of cables and connectors with their units - the Pure Power L8 500W is no different. It has just what you need with a little bit of a twist. There are two PCI-E connectors with one on each cable. Peripheral connectors are spread out over three cables, one with all SATA, one with all Molex, and one with SATA, Molex, and an FDD connector.
The Pure Power L8 500W power supply features dual 12V rails. The first 12V rail supplies power to the motherboard, one of the PCI-E cables and all peripherals. The second 12V rail feeds the other PCI-E cable and the auxiliary power for the motherboard. Unfortunately, these aren't clearly labeled and the only way you can tell is by looking at the yellow wires. 12V2 has yellow 12V wires with a blue stripe to differentiate them.
A Look Inside
Inside, we find a tiny PCB with minimal components and cooling. Even though it will only hinder the cooling capabilities of the power supply a tiny bit, I find it odd that they've placed a sticker on top of one of the heat sinks.
A single Teapo bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Teapo caps.
Be Quiet!'s Silent Wings T12025-MS-16 fan provides the active cooling for this power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- 80 games at E3 2016 were powered by Epic's Unreal Engine
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines