NZXT was not joking in the slightest when they added those three words to the front of the packaging. First of those words is "Simple". Here is where the external aesthetics and design come into play, as well as how well the internal design allows for a fast and easy build process. The outside of the case is simple with straight edges, and only a slightly irregular window shape to add some style, as for the face, the polished plastic is a nice touch, but with a full expanse of mesh on the front, it keeps the styling much less aggressive. Inside, the tool-less features, modular hard drive bays, top tier wire management even if there are no grommets, and it offers plenty of spaces needed to work, making a build in this chassis feel much simpler than it actually is.
The second word I want to look at is "Capable", and the Source 530 is that. While fans are limited to only two out of the box, the sheer amount of options is impressive. There is room for the option of four radiator locations and multiple fan sizes as well. The top of the chassis will hold a 360 or 280mm radiator, as long as it is slim, and the spacing to the motherboard is sufficient not to cause conflict. The front of the chassis can hold a dual radiator, 120mm or 140mm, and the floor will also allow for a 240mm radiator.
That leaves us with the back of the 530 where a single 120 or 140mm radiator will easily fit. They even offer a bay drive mounted fan so that air can be sent directly to the CPU or the video card fan to provide better temperatures to a specific area. There are LEDs on the back that are a take from much more expensive cases that NZXT offers, more than sufficient room behind the motherboard tray, black cabling - I mean, NZXT covers this design from all angles to really offer a chassis that will allow for builds to grow as affordability and time allow upgrades.
The last of those three words was "Affordable", and once again, there is no way to deny that NZXT has delivered on every one of these sentiments about the Source 530. Considering the cost of the Source mid-towers, and the average cost of a good priced full-tower, the Source 530 proves its worth. Economical full-towers usually run in the $100 range, and do offer average feature sets, and even here NZXT was able to go a step further. Pricing this chassis at $89.99 and from everything we have just seen, there is no reason to pass this chassis by when looking for a home for a new system.
Considering all that can be done with this chassis, the understated looks externally, and at this price, the Source 530 definitely is in my top five "bang-for-the-buck" cases that I have ever tested.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED