Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency
In our database workload, we found latency touching 17ms with RAID 0, within each array type a few ms of latency was added due to the overhead associated. SSD caching increased latency in this particular workload, much like it reduced throughput earlier.
File Server showed a latency result of 22ms in RAID 0, while RAID 5 and 10 offered 24ms and 31ms, respectively. We also noticed the benefit of SSD caching within this workload, lowering the overall latency of RAID 5 from 24ms to 16ms.
Email Server touched 15ms in RAID 0, with RAID 5 and 10 at 22ms and 30ms, respectively. Caching again improved latency by quite a margin, down to 8ms in this case.
Web Server took a page from Email Server, where we saw SSD caching lowering the latency from 27ms to 8ms in RAID 5. RAID 0 topped at 27ms, while RAID 10 offered 38 ms.
The Workstation workload offered 21ms to RAID 0, followed by 22ms for RAID 5 and 26ms to RAID 10. Latency improved dramatically using SSD caching, dropping to just 5ms.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017