Things are kept very simplistic with the cables and connectors. The ST65F-G has a single ATX 4+4 pin connector for the motherboard but features two cables with a pair of PCI-E connectors to support up to two video cards.
Peripherals are handled via four cables that proved eight SATA connectors, six Molex and two FDD connectors. It may not be too much, but it is more than enough to make use of all 650W available.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we see a simplistic design with a pair of heat sinks. Smaller units like these don't put off as much heat and don't need any overly complicated cooling solutions.
A single Nippon Chemi-con bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
Taicon capacitors adorn the secondary side of the ST65F-G. We don't normally see non-Japanese capacitors from SilverStone.
SilverStone uses the ADDA 120mm fan model AD1212MS-A71GL to actively cool the power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD