If you're on the upgrade path for a new graphics card, you're most likely paying much attention to ATI's line of popular Radeon products. If you've got many dollars to play with you're probably looking even closer at the recently introduced high-end Radeon 9800 XT. This is the refresh of the Radeon 9800 Pro before the next major release in the cycle from the folks at ATI.
The new Radeon 9800 XT offers new improvements over its older brother such as increased core and memory clock speeds as well as temperature monitoring, VPU Recovery for assistance when your system crashes and Overdrive technology which monitors the graphics cards and automatically overclocks for increased performance during game play. All these new features are just another feather in the cap for ATI and only helps reinforce their very strong presence in the graphics chip business over their rivals.
Today we have Power Color's vanilla Radeon 9800 XT with 256MB of DDR SDRAM onboard on the test bed. It is a very much no frills graphics card following the official reference design by ATI with the only thing varying being the package bundle - which yes, does include a voucher for Half Life II when it is released. Read on as we find out if it's worth spending the extra dollars and upgrading to the new 9800 XT over the older Radeon 9800 Pro work horse.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'