The Build and Finished Product
Just because we can, we mounted the HDD at the bottom of the chassis, and while there, we removed the bay cover and slid in the DVD drive. While the entire bezel does not need to come off, it is nice to see the chassis wiring is all contained above and it allows this to get out of the way for radiator installation.
With the bezel back in place, even with the addition of the optical device, the styling that we were offered out of the box is still intact.
Things are a bit tight inside of the Cosmos SE, there is no way of denying that, but there is plenty of room if it is planned out slowly, and patience is applied. Removing the inner HDD side plates is needed for longer video cards like this one, but they will still fit. As for the rest of the build in here, it went pretty smooth with no issues to discuss.
There were no issues mounting the dust shield, aligning and mounting the video card, or sliding the PSU into the bracket with it still attached to the chassis. You can remove it and attach it to the PSU and slide them both through the back, but because of the fan grill on the PSU, it slid in from the inside much easier.
Wire management takes a bit of effort, but when done methodically, the results are quite nice. There were plenty of places to attach wiring, and the management holes are all very well placed and leave very little of the wiring even exposed inside of the chassis.
Packaged up and ready for testing, the Cosmos SE looks much like it did when we first gazed upon its sleekness. The one thing that does change is the view through the large side window. While a view of the bays is also part of the deal, there is great view of the entire motherboard and everything on it.
Powering up the Cosmos SE, it comes to life with a flood of blue LED lighting. Next to the buttons on the I/O showing system power, the thin line across the front showing that the drive is being accessed, along with the pair of fans in the front give the Cosmos SE a very appealing look both on and off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog