OCZ Vector 150 120GB SSD
Vector 150 has nearly the same package as the original Vector, just tack on the 150 at the end of the product name.
We dubbed the accessory package as 'the OCZ standard' a few years ago. You get a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws, Acronis software key, paper manuals and a sticker.
Here we get our first look at the new Vector 150 120GB model. Again, not much has changed on the outside.
Vector 150 has a 7mm z-height, so it will work in the latest ultrabooks designed for the new low height standard. The mounting points are the same so the drive will also fit in traditional notebooks.
The desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the left making cable management easier when installing more than one drive in a system.
OCZ used a thermal pad on the Indilinx Barefoot 3 controller.
The 120GB model uses the same NAND flash we found on the 240GB model, there is just half the number of packages.
The Indilinx Barefoot 3 controller is the same used on the original Vector, M00 revision.
The buffer uses Micron DDR3-1600 DRAM set to just 1.35v. There are two packages, one on each side.
The big change is the 19nm Toshiba Toggle flash on Vector 150. The original Vector shipped with 25nm Micron flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vector 150 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017